Happy New Year from the Senior Appointments Desk @ SW6 Associates!
We’d like to wish you a great and prosperous 2016.
Following a fantastic 2015, which internally saw us beat numerous company records, hire some great new people and celebrate a lot of well deserved promotions we are pleased to announce the work doesn’t stop and we have come back to very full inboxes! We have a huge number of new roles to fill, and think it is safe to say the Recruitment Industry is booming. Externally, we also paid out a fiendish amount for referrals last year so a big thank you for everyone who sent anyone across, we pay up to £1,000 for senior level referrals so well worth a shot at introducing us if you do know anyone looking this year.
These 2 takeaways from REC’s eight annual report have left us very excited for the year ahead:
· The total recruitment industry turnover has reached £31.5 billion (a 9.7% increase)
· 103,000 people now work in the Recruitment Industry (up 7%)
Forecasting of the year ahead suggest this growth is not ready to slow down just yet either!
The turn of a New Year seems to force people into reflecting on the year that’s past and the year to come.
· Have you achieved what you thought you would? If not, why not and what are you going to do about it?
· What do you want to achieve in the year to come? Is that possible in your current situation?
Hopefully you are part of the group that killed it last year and are exactly where they need to be and know exactly what they need to do. If there are any elements of your role where you have frustrations don’t hesitate to get in touch, informally or formally, to find out how we can help you in your career or for some market advice. Needless to say (so I almost forgot), all dialogue with SW6 Associates is completely confidential.
Looking back at the past year, the Senior Appointments Team at SW6 Associates have placed 53 experienced recruiters in new roles across 9 different Countries with an average salary increase of 13.7% including the following roles:
· Head of Contract for Thinkers Connect, London
· Senior Recruiter for MBN Solutions, Glasgow
· Senior Recruiter for Oliver James, Hong Kong
· Engagement Manager for Fortune Hill, London
· Partner for Marlin Hawk, London
· L&D Manager for La Fosse Associates, London
· Recruitment Consultant for Hamlyn Williams, New York
· Director of US for ECOM, London/New York
· Head of Tech:C&I for Empiric, London
· Country Manager for Next Ventures, Germany
· Training Manager for Hamlyn William, New York
Looking towards the year ahead we’ve been tasked with a selection of fantastic roles from Consultants and Researchers up to Board Level.
Some of the roles we are currently looking for include:
· Senior Consultant, Financial Technology – London
· Contract Director for a Global Recruiter, Multi Sector – London
· FS Director - Hong Kong
· Country Manager, Technology – New York
· Country Manager, FS – San Diego
· MD of a Boutique SAP Recruiter – London
· Director of Manchester Office, Tech, Start Up Opportunity
· Head of Key Accounts, FS – London
· Business Development Director, Tech/Digital – London
· Researcher, Tech/Digital – London
· Director of C&I, Large Financial Recruiter – London
· Sales Director, Accountancy and Finance Boutique – London
See more roles here. Or get in touch for information.
Over more than a decade in the Industry we have built very strong relationships with the owners and leaders for many of the top Recruitment businesses. As a result of this last year we were given many of the roles we placed exclusively or before other agencies – these were often roles not yet known about internally within the companies.
This means when a good candidate comes to us we are able to get to work on finding them a better firm/role immediately with no barriers.
Only 47% of the roles we filled in 2015 were live vacancies, the rest were specifically created around the individual.
If you are currently considering making a move or want some advice on where to take your career we are always available for a confidential conversation to set you on the right track.
Congratulations on a fantastic year for the Industry in 2015 and here’s to more successes in 2016. We’ll see you around, please do drop us an email or give us a ring if you need any career or market advice.
Please enter your details and upload your CV so we can get in touch with any suitable opportunities.